Women's Footwear Designer
General Summary: This position is responsible for developing a product line representative of the brand.
- Study markets, shop retail, and interact with consumer to establish trends.
- Source and choose materials (leather, fabric, ornamentation) for samples.
- Present sample as envisioned.
- Attend trade-shows
- Special projects as needed
- Other duties may be assigned.
Specific Job Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform complex verbal and written communications face-to-face and in group settings
- Decisions are guided by precedent and interpretation of applicable laws, etc. and have impact on others and the organization
- Work responsibilities frequently concern confidential and/or sensitive information requiring the use of discretion at all times
- Job duties are widely diverse, and frequently require conceptualizing, planning and implementing
- Strong follow-up and completion skills
- Under limited supervision, anticipates and solves problems for self and other lower level employees
- Has limited supervisory responsibilities for small groups of usually skilled employees
Education, Licenses, Certificates, Registrations and/or Experience:
- College degree in the arts preferred
- 3-5 years experience in fashion related industry
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and CAD preferred
- Knowledge of target market
Salary Range: The pay range of this position is $65k - $75k. Actual salary will be determined based off candidate’s skill sets, years of experience, and other job-related factors. This range does not include benefits such as health insurance, paid time off, 401K, and additional company benefits