DESIGN DIRECTOR, SPORTSWEAR FOOTWEAR
PURPOSE & OVERALL RELEVANCE FOR THE ORGANIZATION
Lead and establish a team and help create the seasonal creative direction of the respective Category together with the Senior Design Director. Maintain and nurture the design, material and color direction with the Design team.
- Develop the Seasonal Direction of the Sportswear Category according to market trends as well as overall Design intent and ensure consistency though products and ranges
- Be at a global forefront of design trends and innovation as well as their application
- Steer and drive the conceptualization process within of the category
- Manage a team toward Category’s objectives and implement process changes and improvements
- Steer and coach team members and their creative processes and drive development of direct reports.
- Inspire and motivate teams to pursue cutting edge ideas that are innovative and original in the market, by researching functional criteria for product and product concepts and outlining area of innovation.
- Ensure the correct execution of Corporate Identity guidelines and against legal restrictions within the category.
- Verbally present category strategies with clarity and expertise.
- Disseminate Design Strategy into category and x-functional teams
- Create professional level presentations of ideas; from loose sketch to detailed renderings to Digital Presentation
- Ensure efficient processes and communication between external and internal teams
- Development, L.O.
- Design Directors, Creative Directors
- Sporstwear DSN Team members
- Factory partners
- Retail, C2C
- External partners
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Profound knowledge of fashion product and fashion design/industrial product or industrial design
- Strong team player with proven people-management skills
- Innovative and collaborative leader and coach
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of initiative-taking with a sense of responsibility for bigger-picture focus
- Ability to inspire, think creatively and strategically
- Problem solving attitude with a ‘can-do-it’ personality
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- IT skills: Photoshop, Illustrator, Miro, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams
REQUISITE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in a relevant Design subject or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 8 years practical experience in a relevant area
- Minimum of 3 years of management including team leadership
Through sport, we have the power to change lives.