Headquartered in Southern California, Skechers has spent 30 years helping men, women and kids everywhere look and feel good. Developing comfort technologies is at the foundation of all that we do—delivering stylish, innovative, and quality products at a reasonable price. From our diverse footwear offering to a growing range of apparel and accessories, Skechers is a complete lifestyle brand.
With international business representing over half of our total sales, we have product available in more than 180 countries and significant opportunities for continued expansion worldwide. We sell our collections direct to consumers through more than 4,450 Skechers stores around the globe and Skechers e-commerce sites, as well as through a network of third-party partners.
A MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR GLOBAL LEADER IN THE FOOTWEAR INDUSTRY.
The ideal candidate needs to be a highly organized creative problem solver, who is comfortable working in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment. In collaboration with Women’s product merchandising, development, and other cross-category team members, the Designer will be responsible for creating new seasonal footwear product, and managing existing franchise models utilizing color, material, and graphics to deliver modern, fashion-driven seasonal product collections. An ability to research and understand evolving style trends to create unique product, while striving to increase learning and deliver positive results will be key for success.
- Under the direction of the Design Director, design and develop innovative and cost-efficient brand and market relevant footwear which includes concepting, story-telling, and technical development.
- Partner with Product Line Management and Product Development in the creation of line plans, briefs and final product solutions aligned with business goals, consumer needs (style and function), and brand stories.
- Deliver on-time product solutions in conjunction with the product calendar and business needs ensuring that all deadlines, line plans, and deliverables are met.
- Study and research current and future trends, maintain expert knowledge in global design trends, market competition, and retail landscape. Conduct on and off-site to bring new ideas to the brand.
- Study and research current and future material trends, graphics and color palettes
- Partner with developers in US and Asia on line schedules, adhere to the product calendar, ensuring development projects are on track.
- Responsible for getting prototypes and samples executed to reflect the techpack.
- Periodic travel to Asia to for product development.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to sketch shoes accurately and proportionately & provide detailed specifications.
- Must understand the footwear production process at the factory level.
- Must have advanced skills in Photoshop/Illustrator
- Must have great communication/presentation skills and work well with others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE-
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree in Footwear, Fashion or Graphic Design
- Should have a minimum of 2 years of shoe experience and knowledge of shoe construction, development processess and materials.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pay range for this position is $110k - $135k / year.
- Paid Parental Leave: including time for fathers and adopting parents.
- Short term & long term disability and life insurance at no cost to the employee.
- Extensive medical, dental, and vision plans with multiple carries, including EPO,HPN and PPO plans.
- Competitive 401k plan and employer matching.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Savings Account (FSA) offerings.
- Paid vacation, sick, personal and holiday time.
- Pet Insurance available.
- Onsite wellness programs at company headquarters including fitness classes, acupuncture, and chiropractor.
- Employee stock purchase program
- Employee product discount of 50%; employee sample sales and family and friends discount throughout the year.
- Skechers Company Culture and growth strategy is deeply infused with internal career growth and opportunities for learning.