SENIOR FOOTWEAR DESIGNER – FUSION
Dr. Martens is a globally recognisable and culturally influential British brand, with over 60 years of rich heritage. As brand custodians, we are lucky to work for a dynamic, thriving, and ethical business, with people from diverse backgrounds, who bring their true selves to work, and where anyone can grow their career.
We are guided by three core values that are at the heart of everything we do: be yourself, act courageously, and show you care. They make us who we are and inspire us to push boundaries, embrace our individuality, and stand up for what’s right.
SO, WHAT’S THE STORY?
Our Design team is growing and we’re looking for a Senior Footwear Designer to bring world class design skills to our Fusion category and help shape the future of Dr. Martens. You’ll be collaborating with a team of passionate professionals, leading and inspiring the next generation of designers too.
Combining all our iconic DM’s DNA with amplified attitude, our Fusion category is for the spotlight seekers and rule-breakers — with non-conformity built in. Home to some of our iconic boots including the Jadon and Sinclair, this category is where we create footwear that speaks directly to our more alternative consumers
Got what it takes?
As our Senior Footwear Designer – Fusion, you’ll be responsible for:
- The innovative design of footwear within the Fusion category
- Inspiring and exciting with commercial concepts that align with Dr. Martens design principles
- Working with the design team to produce the seasonal creative direction – bringing new trends and market insights that inform the design team output and give creative direction across the brand
- Leading by example and coaching and mentoring more junior team members
- Travelling for market insights and inspiration and communicate these insights back to the brand.
- Working closely with the colour and material lead to create exciting, relevant and commercial colour and material stories
- Working closely with the development team to create prototypes that meet with deadlines required on Design/Product calendar
- Creating product presentations from concept to final review
- Working independently and ensure that all deadlines are met and key gates hit
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
Put simply, for this role the key things we’re looking for are:
- Significant footwear design experience with a portfolio to demonstrate this
- Proven track record in product, colour and material design
- Strong knowledge of international retail, consumer and product trends
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Hybrid working
- Welcome to the family free pair of Docs
- 65% off all Docs
- Award-winning ‘Buy As You Earn’ Dr. Martens share plan
- Private healthcare
- A dedicated culture team
- 2 paid volunteer days per year
- Amazing Camden based offices with roof terrace overlooking the canal
Are you ready to fill your boots? Apply now.
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment in which we can all be our best and bring our authentic selves to work. We encourage applications, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability. Diverse and inclusive teams have a positive impact on our brand; helping us to speak authentically to our consumers.
We strive to develop a business where our people can thrive and feel empowered to express themselves. Because we believe everyone should feel supported and included whatever their role in the Dr. Martens community.