Footwear Developer II
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
Values & Innovation
At Under Armour, we are committed to empowering those who strive for more, and the company's values - Act Sustainably, Celebrate the Wins, Fight on Together, Love Athletes and Stand for Equality - serve as both a roadmap for our teams and the qualities expected of every teammate.
Our Values define and unite us, the beliefs that are the red thread that connects everyone at Under Armour. Our values are rallying cries, reminding us why we're here, and fueling everything we do.
Our pursuit of better begins with innovation and with our team's mission of being the best. With us, you get the freedom to go further - no matter your role. That means developing, delivering, and selling the state-of-the-art products and digital tools that make top performers even better.
Purpose of Role
Drive Footwear product development from brief to Confirm for Production (Buy ready). In this role you are responsible for building and supporting overall footwear cross-functional teams with the best in class of fit & comfort, performance, and create a world class footwear. Focus on the development through footwear best practices/standards, and find technical solutions, build at cost, project management, UA’s sustainability strategy, and inherence to product integrity via consumer satisfaction and UA’s Footwear requirements.
- Displays a strong understanding of advanced concepts of pattern engineering and subsequent costing/quality implications, model making, part drawings, drafting, 2D documentation, 3D, mold making, materials, customs, patents, and most aspects of the manufacturing processes.
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects from Brief stage through Design, Development, Costing and Commercialization
- Plan and execute project development according to the seasonal critical dates that lead to on–time delivery of sales samples and production confirmation
- Display an in-depth knowledge of the manufacturing process with the ability to manipulate the process in order to advance and achieve new manufacturing techniques which enhance the overall performance of product
- Mentor design and development personnel to ensure that designs are manufacturable and meet cost and quality objectives of the organization
- Ability to critique, adjust and evaluate technical blueprints (outsole/ midsole/ upper), upper patterns and materials from a performance, manufacturing, and functional perspective
- Lead Asia development trips as necessary to work with manufacturers and suppliers on existing and current development projects
- Recommend and specify to product team the material, component, and construction options to meet pricing targets and product’s functional goals, as well as assure product performance integrity through product testing (physical and field testing)
- Initiate and lead meetings with product teams during various phases of development to review, evaluate, update, and ultimately drive the decision-making process that leads to on–time production confirmation and margin goals
- Provide technical packages for assigned projects for each season, including midsole/outsole blueprints, upper pattern packages, color maps, project specifications
- Create and maintaining BOM and fulfill development requirements in Centric system.
- Collaborate across cross-functional teams using VR production creation as a part of sample round.
- Effectively communicate with our Asia Liaison Development, Design, Tech, Pricing and Production to manage project sampling and confirmation in Asia
- Participate in product presentations and reviews at seasonal sales meetings, with our retail partners and other internal functions
- Closely collaborate and manage product integrity, Fit & Comfort with category wear-test analyst throughout the development process
- 3-7 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Footwear, Biomechanical/Industrial/or Chemical Engineering or a related field preferred.
- 3+ years traveling and working with Footwear manufactures
- Advanced knowledge of Footwear product development and manufacturing experience
- Current computer hardware and software proficiency
- Ability to work professionally and efficiently cross-functionally across Under Armour, including Sales, Marketing, Production, and Operations
- Strong understanding of the working methods and cultural norms of source countries
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Location: This individual must reside within commuting distance from our Portland Office
- Work Designation: 3 days a week in-office, the remainder of work week remote.
- Overseas Travel: 5% of the year
- Program Experience: Microsoft Suite, Adobe Illustrator, or 3D viewer, and Centric
- Relocation may be provided up to a specified amount
$93,262.00 - $128,234.70 USD
Most new hires fall within this range and have the opportunity to earn more over time. Initial placement within the salary range, however, is based on an individual's relevant knowledge, skills and experience for the position. UA is committed to helping our teammates succeed and advance in their careers. Base salary is only one component of our competitive Total Rewards package.
Benefits & Perks
- Paid "UA Give Back" Volunteer Days: Work alongside your team to support initiatives in your local community.
- Under Armour Merchandise Discounts
- Competitive 401(k) plan matching.
- Maternity and Parental Leave for eligible and FMLA-eligible teammates
- Health & fitness benefits, discounts and resources- We offer teammates across the country programs to promote physical activity and overall well-being.
Together we win