FOOTWEAR DESIGNER – KIDS
Dr. Martens is a globally recognisable and culturally influential British brand, with over 60 years of rich heritage. As brand custodians, we are lucky to work for a dynamic, thriving, and ethical business, with people from diverse backgrounds, who bring their true selves to work, and where anyone can grow their career.
We are guided by three core values that are at the heart of everything we do: be yourself, act courageously, and show you care. They make us who we are and inspire us to push boundaries, embrace our individuality, and stand up for what's right.
SO, WHAT’S THE STORY?
Our Design team are looking for a Footwear Designer to bring world class design skills to our Kids category and help shape the future of Dr. Martens. Our Kids category offers a range of boots and shoes for little feet, providing iconic style and comfort to young rebels.
Got what it takes?
As our Footwear Designer – Kids, you will be responsible for:
- Designing footwear to briefs with innovative and commercial concepts relevant to Dr Martens’ whilst working to tight FOB’s and margins
- Creating on trend image, material and colour presentations on boards and in document form for seasonal product reviews, meetings and presentations
- Conducting market research at retail and trade shows and through any other innovative medium/platform in order to communicate effectively to the team
- Working and liaising with the development team to create prototypes that meet with deadlines required on the design/product calendar
- Creating product presentations (both internal and external) from concept to final review on all delegated projects
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
Put simply, for this role the key things we’re looking for are:
- Proven experience in footwear design ideally for Kids with a strong design portfolio to match
- Strong design and illustration skills both hand drawn and digital
- Proven ability to work to a brief and translate designs into production ready designs
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Hybrid working
- Welcome to the family free pair of Docs
- 65% off all Docs
- Award-winning ‘Buy As You Earn’ Dr. Martens share plan
- Private healthcare
- A dedicated culture team
- 2 paid volunteer days per year
- Amazing Camden based offices with roof terrace overlooking the canal
Are you ready to fill your boots? Apply now.
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment in which we can all be our best and bring our authentic selves to work. We encourage applications, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability. Diverse and inclusive teams have a positive impact on our brand; helping us to speak authentically to our consumers.
We strive to develop a business where our people can thrive and feel empowered to express themselves. Because we believe everyone should feel supported and included whatever their role in the Dr. Martens community.