Footwear Designer II - Cleated
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
Values & Innovation
At Under Armour, we are committed to empowering those who strive for more, and the company's values - Act Sustainably, Celebrate the Wins, Fight on Together, Love Athletes and Stand for Equality - serve as both a roadmap for our teams and the qualities expected of every teammate.
Our Values define and unite us, the beliefs that are the red thread that connects everyone at Under Armour. Our values are rallying cries, reminding us why we're here, and fueling everything we do.
Our pursuit of better begins with innovation and with our team's mission of being the best. With us, you get the freedom to go further - no matter your role. That means developing, delivering, and selling the state-of-the-art products and digital tools that make top performers even better.
Purpose of Role
We are searching for a Footwear Designer II to elevate Under Armour Field Sports Footwear, the heart and soul of our brand. This role will focus on our field sports footwear catagories, but will also have opportunities to touch all parts of the brand and have access to the latest technologies and innovations. This is an opportunity to be part of a great success story, as Under Armour builds and grows their footwear legacy.
- Strengthen product engine from the design side, partnering directly with design leadership.
- Manage large scale projects and processes.
- Develop and execute clear and detailed sketches, technical packages and BOMs
- Partner with design leadership to drive concepts for apparel and overall product conceptualization including material, trim and color.
- Ensure that designs meet category price point and target margin
- Lead creation of seasonal category content and milestone deliverables
- Partner directly with product and merch leads to deliver appropriate global assortment.
- Present as design lead at category and seasonal milestone meetings; design check points, style design review, color review.
- Passion every day to design compelling and cutting-edge product.
- Passionate about Sport and Culture
- Great teammate, motivated and passionate about bringing others along
- Positive attitude and energy.
- Collaborator with a skill in connecting the dots
- Speaks up with courage for self and the team
- Open minded, good listener, receptive to candid feedback and diverse points of view
- Strong presentation skills
- Must be detail oriented, able to prioritize tasks and to successfully meet multiple deadlines
- Contribute and align to shared team culture and behaviors
- Drive partnerships beyond the Design function (Marketing, Engineering, Development, etc)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BA, BFA or BS in Industrial Design
- 5-7yrs experience designing and developing innovative footwear and other products
- Knowledge of form, color, materials, human factors, related to elevating the consumer experience
- Expert Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Working knowledge of 3D software is a plus
- Must be able to create accurate 2D technical drawings
- Strong sketching, illustration, and rendering skills
- Solid knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials
- Must be able to generate a broad range of concepts and solutions for each project
- Hand prototyping skills are a plus
- Experienced with presentation programs: Keynote, Powerpoint, Acrobat, etc
- Location: This individual must reside within commuting distance from our global headquarters in Baltimore, MD.
- Return to Work Designation: 3 days week in-office, the remainder of work week remote.
- Relocation may be provided up to a specified amount
$77,320.00 - $106,315.00 USD
Most new hires fall within this range and have the opportunity to earn more over time. Initial placement within the salary range, however, is based on an individual's relevant knowledge, skills and experience for the position. UA is committed to helping our teammates succeed and advance in their careers. Base salary is only one component of our competitive Total Rewards package.
Benefits & Perks
- Paid "UA Give Back" Volunteer Days: Work alongside your team to support initiatives in your local community.
- Under Armour Merchandise Discounts
- Competitive 401(k) plan matching.
- Maternity and Parental Leave for eligible and FMLA-eligible teammates
- Health & fitness benefits, discounts and resources- We offer teammates across the country programs to promote physical activity
Together we win