MANAGER DEVELOPMENT FTW - TEMP. 6 MONTHS (M/F/D)
We’ll never launch a product unless we consider it perfect. Our product development teams create every shirt, every shoe and every piece of equipment for thousands of athletes and fashion lovers as if it was one of a kind. And it truly is, as they weave their passion into every single product. But translating designs, drawings and renderings into real products requires a lot of decision making.
As Manager Development Footwear, you will lead the end-to-end development process for assigned medium complexity products from concept brief to production readiness. You will work in strong partnership with footwear technicians, material experts as well as product management, design and suppliers.
- Take accountability for the entire development management process for assigned articles, with an emphasis on product integrity, product engineering and timely completion of all tasks in accordance with the corporate operating calendar. Apply sport-specific understanding to enhance product performance.
- Partner with product and materials suppliers to develop new materials, new construction methods, manufacturing processes to create performance footwear.
- Provide technical solutions by analyzing designs for manufacturability, production and material properties which address desired function, cosmetics, market appeal.
- Ensure products are engineered in accordance with cost targets and secure initial FOB cost quotes and follow-up price adjustments.
- Ensure that all materials, processes, prototypes and development samples are fully tested to ensure adherence to adidas’s quality standards.
- Ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness of data by continuously updating the system.
- Responsible for achieving specific KPIs (e.g. margins, sustainability, and on-time SMS delivery) for assigned articles/product.
- Live and foster a knowledge sharing culture, and mentor junior team members.
- Support cross-functional projects as required.
- Product Management
- Advanced Creation - Testing & Quality
- Digital Creation
- Color & Materials
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of the footwear creation process from concept brief to shelf incl. last, pattern, construction, tooling, testing, knowledge of sport-specific movement, biomechanics
- Strong ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously according to business priority, manage workload, ideally experienced in working on new technologies & innovations
- Strong business acumen
- Strong communication skills
- English language proficiency required
- Business travel (3 times a year, 7-10 days)
- Continuous learning/growth mindset
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- University degree in manufacturing, engineering, biomechanics, sports science or business, or technical degree as footwear technician
- Alternatively, combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in footwear product development
Through sport, we have the power to change lives.