DEVELOPER FTW F. FOOTBALL - TEMP. UNTIL 30.06.2024 (M/F/D)
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation
We’ll never launch a product unless we consider it perfect. Our product development teams create every shirt, every shoe and every piece of equipment for thousands of athletes and fashion lovers as if it was one of a kind. And it truly is, as they weave their passion into every single product. But translating designs, drawings and renderings into real products requires a lot of decision making.
As Developer Footwear, you will (1) lead the end-to end development process for assigned low complexity products from concept brief to production readiness and (2) assist in driving the development of medium complexity products. You will work in strong partnership with footwear technicians, material experts as well as product management, design and suppliers.
- Take accountability for the entire footwear development management process for assigned products, with an emphasis on quality, product engineering and timely completion of all tasks in accordance with the corporate operating calendar.
- Contribute ideas for product design, construction, materials, components by pro-actively working with suppliers to enhance performance, fit and profitability.
- Assist in providing technical solutions by analyzing designs for manufacturability, production and material properties, which address desired function, cosmetics and market appeal.
- Ensure products are engineered in accordance with cost targets and secure initial FOB cost quotes and follow-up price adjustments
- Ensure that all materials, processes, prototypes and development samples are fully tested to ensure adherence to adidas’s quality standards.
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data by continuously updating the system.
- Responsible for achieving specific KPIs (e.g. margins, sustainability, on-time SMS delivery) for assigned articles/product.
- Continuously refresh your knowledge regarding latest technology trends in the field of footwear, engineering systems, prototyping possibilities, and footwear manufacturing.
- Product Marketing
- Product Design
- Product Operations (Product Development, Materials Development, Pattern Making, Tooling, Testing & Quality, Costing, Planning)
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 supplier
- Digital Creation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of the footwear creation process from concept brief to production readiness
- Experience in project management, strong organizational skills, pro-active problem solver
- Effective communication skills
- English language proficiency required (reading and writing)
- International business travel (approximately twice a year for 7-10 days)
- Continuous learning/growth mindset
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and/or 3D creation software (e.g. Rhino, Modo) is an advantage
- Competence in virtual creation is an advantage
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- University degree in manufacturing, engineering, biomechanics, sports science or business, or technical degree as footwear technician
- Alternatively, combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- First practical experience through internships or work experience required
Through sport, we have the power to change lives.