Director, Design, Lifestyle - HOKA
At Deckers Brands, Together, Every Step is a promise kept that every employee can bring their authentic self, is valued and supported, as a whole person, at work and beyond. Together, Every Step is how we continue to deliver exceptional business results, experience an amazing place to work, and have a positive impact on the communities and world around us.
Job Title: Director, Design, Lifestyle - HOKA
Reports to: Sr Design Director
Location: Portland, OR
We are looking for a Director of Design who will lead the brand into the future, promote design thinking, and direct the creation of brand-building footwear concepts. Represent the design discipline in overall leadership of the team, setting the example for creative excellence, while building a visual identity for the brand.
Under the direction of the Sr Director of Design, this person will help build, scale, and lead a creative team, stewarding our brand through the creation of bold innovative products. Lead, teach, and mentor a team of diverse designers with various levels of experience, including industrial design, color, graphic design, and apparel design.
We celebrate diversity--of your background, your experiences and your unique identity. We are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace where all of our employees can Come as They Are. We believe that when we bring our different perspectives to work, we are truly Better Together.
We’re looking for someone with an accomplished background in delivering consumer-led lifestyle products to a global marketplace, proven knowledge in brand strategy and creative vision, and experience leading a global design team.
The primary functions of this role include, but are not limited to:
1. Build, scale, and lead a creative team stewarding our brand voice and visual identity across all HOKA lifestyle products.
2. Establish HOKA’s design principles and brand visual identity across lifestyle while ensuring seamless connection between marketing and design.
3. Define and oversee product design strategy and creative process, from concept through product confirmation; ensure alignment with HOKA brand strategy.
4. Lead the charge with the cross-functional product, design, and development teams to build best-in-class, innovative products across footwear.
Who You Are
Strong Communicator, Problem Solver, Team Player, Critical Thinker
We’d love to hear from people with
Recognized expertise in Sports and Fitness footwear.
Bachelor’s degree in industrial design, master’s in industrial design preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Brand visual identity experience a plus.
10+ years Footwear Design experience with large global athletic brand, awareness of apparel design process, and current working knowledge of 3D design.
5+ years people leadership and brand creative leadership.
What We'll Give You
- Competitive Pay and Bonuses - We’ve created a variety of competitive compensation programs to foster career development, reward success and to show our employees just how much they’re valued.
- Financial Planning and wellbeing - No matter what financial goals our employees have set, we want to help them get there. Our plans provide powerful ways to protect income, pay for expenses and invest in the future.
- Time away from work - Sometimes we need time away to be with family, focus on our health or just simply recharge. Our plans support our employees’ needs to get out, get healthy and come back stronger than ever.
- Extras, discounts and perks - Being a valued member of the Deckers Brands team means more than just a paycheck. From generous discounts to community-based programs, we offer a variety of cool extras
- Growth and Development - Deckers Brands was built on the idea of pursuing passion. That’s why we offer extensive opportunities and support for personal and professional development.
- Health and Wellness - There’s nothing basic about our comprehensive health and wellness programs and offerings. While at work and at play, we aim to support a healthy lifestyle.
$180K - $190K
The salary range posted reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this role in our Portland, OR location. Individual pay will be determined by location and additional factors, including job related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Diversity and inclusion are key to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds who share a passion for our brands. We welcome qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition and all of the other beautiful parts of your identity.
MOTIVATED BY THE PURSUIT