The Design Coordinator is a crucial member of the Design Team. Reporting to the VP of Footwear Design, the Design Coordinator supports the team with a variety of administrative functions and designer functions to ensure smooth operational flow. The Design Coordinator acts like a “hub” ensuring the smooth functioning of the Design Team, helping designers focus 100% on: designing the right products, long-range strategy, and market-scouting for new product opportunities. The Design Coordinator will focus on administrative tasks, process and product improvement.
We celebrate diversity--of your background, your experiences and your unique identity. We are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace where all of our employees can Come as They Are. We believe that when we bring our different perspectives to work, we are truly Better Together.
The primary functions of this role, include but are not limited to:
- 1. Provide administrative support to the VP of Design and Design Director, including creating meetings for upcoming deadlines based on the Critical Path calendar
- 2. Maintain team deadline calendar based on the Critical Path Calendar Ensure coordination of information, cross functionally throughout the season between PD, Materials Team. PLMs and Design.
- 3. Assist Design team in making sure material developments are moving forward throughout the season and help keep track coordinate developments
- 4. Manage seasonal working, merchandising file and help VP of Design and Senior Director with tracking seasonal storytelling and material stories.
Who You Are
- Soft skills: emotional intelligence; flexibility, agility, and ability to navigate change and work in a fast pace environment ; ability to work with different teams, facilitate smooth communication between teams and ensure critical deadlines and/or end result goals are met.
- Clear, precise verbal and written communication skills: strong ability to convey desired, end result on all developments to Materials and PD Teams. Great collaborating skills : Making sure that triad communications and workflow is smooth and collaborative.
- Highly motivated, a team player and motivated self-starter with great work ethic with true investment in end product
We’d love to hear from people with
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Experience working under the pressure of competing and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent collaboration skills
What We'll Give You
- Competitive Pay and Bonuses - We’ve created a variety of competitive compensation programs to foster career development, reward success and to show our employees just how much they’re valued.
- Financial Planning and wellbeing - No matter what financial goals our employees have set, we want to help them get there. Our plans provide powerful ways to protect income, pay for expenses and invest in the future.
- Time away from work - Sometimes we need time away to be with family, focus on our health or just simply recharge. Our plans support our employees’ needs to get out, get healthy and come back stronger than ever.
- Extras, discounts and perks - Being a valued member of the Deckers Brands team means more than just a paycheck. From generous discounts to community-based programs, we offer a variety of cool extras
- Growth and Development - Deckers Brands was built on the idea of pursuing passion. That’s why we offer extensive opportunities and support for personal and professional development.
- Health and Wellness - There’s nothing basic about our comprehensive health and wellness programs and offerings. While at work and at play, we aim to support a healthy lifestyle.
$28 - $31 per hour
The salary range posted reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this role in our Goleta, CA location. Individual pay will be determined by location and additional factors, including job related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Diversity and inclusion are key to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds who share a passion for our brands. We welcome qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition and all of the other beautiful parts of your identity.
MOTIVATED BY THE PURSUIT