Junior Footwear Designer - Ladies
We Are One
At Kurt Geiger we celebrate individuality, believing our differences make us more powerful as a collective.
Diversity, equality and inclusion are at the core of who we are and we strive to reflect this in every corner of our company culture, starting with the promotion of equal opportunities.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone is granted the opportunity to thrive as their authentic self.
We are looking for someone who is excited to join our small team and play an important role in creating our design lead, fashion relevant, dynamic collections. You will be responsible for assisting in the development of customer and market focused product collections each season that are in line with the company strategy for the brand. You will be researching trends, new materials, trims and colour palettes and designing new products incorporating your original ideas. You will be providing technical drawings for suppliers, finalising the approved designs for production. You will be working closely with the buying team to ensure fit and aesthetics meet brand requirements.
- Supporting and working directly with the Kurt Geiger London design manger on Projects and daily tasks
- Interest and creative vision for brand development
- Translating product briefings into design ideas
- Produce high quality work to tight deadlines
- Must be passionate about the fashion industry with knowledge of both major designer brands as well as exciting new brands
- Producing original ideas based on upcoming trends
- The ability to forge a strong branded aesthetic across multiple product categories
- Practical knowledge and experience of production methods
- Strong understanding of Kurt Geiger, our collections and the brand
- Strong illustrator and CAD skills
- Working independently but within a team
- Creative and imaginative
- Confident in presenting designs to senior stakeholders
- Hybrid working patterns combining office and working from home
- Free 24 hour virtual GP access
- Extra days off at Christmas
- Enviable discounted product
- Harrods discount
- Half Day, Pay Day Friday (once per month)
- Sample sales
- Summer Hours - 3pm Friday Finish
- Gym discounts
- Enhanced pension scheme including life assurance
If you’re successful, you will work for a business which recognises that amazing people are the key to driving our business forward and fulfil our vision of being the world’s leading multi-channel retailer of luxury branded shoes and accessories. We are a fast-paced business where no two days are the same, so you will need to be adaptable; but we will reward your hard-work, commitment and loyalty with a fantastic benefits package and very real opportunities for progression.