The North Face: Designer, Color (Global Footwear)
Join the North Face Family
The North Face was built on a love for the outdoors and the desire to enable all types of exploration, for all people, from their backyards to the Himalayas. Over the last 50 years we've lived by our “true north,” the belief that exploration has the power to change us, to challenge us and to help us see the world from new perspectives. To help ignite a global movement of outdoor exploration, love for the natural world and an unwavering commitment to protect it, we welcome and encourage new participants to the outdoors. We extend our reach through support of non-profit organizations, establishing programs that connect participants with close-to-home recreation opportunities, and creating a connection with young leaders, inspiring them to explore and conserve.
As we enter our sixth decade, we pledge to:
- Empower exploration and the thrill of the unknown for as many people as possible.
- Protect the places where we live, play, and operate.
- Evolve the way we make our products by improving our environmental performance and social responsibility in the supply chain.
The North Face: Color Designer (Global Footwear)
What You Will Do:
The Color Designer develops directional, brand DNA-relevant color palettes that address the needs of our global market at multiple customer touch points. As a member of the color design team, this role will collaborate on the seasonal color POV for Performance and Lifestyle collections for footwear.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- Create seasonal color palettes through market analysis, trend research and brand DNA. Work in conjunction with the line manager and Creative Services team on new seasonal concepts and storytelling.
- Propose a merchandising color flow each season while considering color and product lifecycle at retail.
- Build effective presentation materials that communicate color direction related to the brand seasonal story.
- Communicate collection-specific color application to cross-functional teams through clearly defined usage tools.
- Strong collaboration with design teams on the application of color and coordination of colored up products to ensure merchandisable collections.
- Successfully influence color decisions across functions with full accountability and ownership for the outcome as well as the process.
- Work closely with global teams on-brand color alignment. Evaluate and adopt regional colors as needed.
- Maintain calendar deadlines and deliverables that result in a timely completion of seasonal product lines.
- Responsible for maintaining accuracy of global color palette, managing color tools and communication of color standards throughout the organization and global teams.
Free To Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3-5 years
What You Bring:
- Experience in a design environment working with colors, palette development and/or color trends.
- Bachelor's Degree in Studio Arts, Design (footwear ) or equivalent combination of experience and portfolio.
- Solid awareness of outdoor, lifestyle and streetwear trends and the and the ability to interpret these trends though the TNF lens.
- Knowledge of the product design and development process
- High proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign in a Mac environment
- Flexible and able to adapt to new ways of working.
- Possess effective communication and presentations skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
Where You Will Be Located:
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Travel by air and overnight, as required 5% of time.
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits.com and click on “Looking to Join VF?” to learn more.
Our Parent Company, VF Corporation
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
We just have one question. Are you in?
Blur the line between a career and calling