Manager, Global Apparel & Footwear Product Line
At ASICS, we empower our employees to pursue their career goals. If this sounds like you, then we want you on our team.
ASICS has been dedicated to designing the most technically advanced footwear and athletic products in the world for over 60 years. All of that comfort, fit, and functionality starts within the minds of the passionate people that work within our walls.
Based upon our core values, everyone's input and contributions are respected at ASICS America. We nurture a collaborative environment and hire team members that are never content, always pushing through their own limitations, continually in the pursuit of improving performance, are innovative and creative, reach for new challenges, and always aim to surpass the next goal.
Our Mission: We pledge to bring harmony to the body and soul
ASICS, an acronym derived from the Latin phrase, Anima Sana In Corpore Sano - a sound mind in a sound body. Staying true to the philosophy by which it was founded, every ASICS innovation, every concept, every idea is intended to create the best product. Our mission is to become the number one brand for the sports enthusiast. To accomplish this, we pledge to continue to make the best product; striving to build upon our technological advances and pushing the limits on what we can learn from the body and its needs in athletic gear.
POSITION PURPOSE / SUMMARY STATEMENT (defines the major functions/purpose of the position):
Reporting directly to the Global Footwear Manager of Product, the Global Apparel & Footwear Product Line Manager is responsible for managing a comprehensive product cycle in a post-development environment. Responsible for developing the best Product Line (footwear and apparel) for the Global SPS category that is in-line with ASICS’ KPI’s, commercial expectations and merchandising needs. Ensures the transfer of all product information and line plans from concept stage through to Go-To-Market meeting handoffs.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (include titles of positions directly reporting to this position):
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Interacts with all levels throughout organization including employees and outside vendors
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies market potential, establishes pricing and market strategies, estimates potential sales, introduces market, distribution/channel issues, and manages mature product through end of life
- Communicates effectively with ASICS Corporation GMD, design and development staff, as well as regional merchandisers in all global regions, in evaluating, reviewing and updating category product lines to ensure on-time launches of key products
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates assigned seasonal product design briefs
- Manages resources to execute assigned projects
- Coordinates program planning with customer to ensure identification of appropriate manufacturing schedules, goals, design criteria, costs, and similar considerations
- Manages designated projects within SPS category to meet objectives and timelines
- Coordinates details of program within the organization with a wide range of functions and individuals
- Collaborate with Merchandising to analyze historical sell in and sell out numbers to make best decisions for future product lines and new model introductions.
- Periodic travel to markets to gain optimal market understanding and discover opportunities. Map out the market trends for the SPS category/designated silo of product responsibility.
- Collaborate with Consumer Insights & Category Strategy to clearly understand the target consumers for your specific category.
- Drive seasonal update of competitor matrix. Should clearly map the technologies and price points for all competing styles in the category.
- Drive finalization of seasonal concepts. Works closely with Design Direction and Merchandising teams in preparation of seasonal plan.
- Responsible for creating the line plan for Architecture Cut, containing the optimal and most effective mix of the market needs expressed by merchandising and new concepts to create newness for our brand in the category.
- Drive the seasonal development of the product line thru Global design reviews and sample review meetings.
- Position will be a product management mix of about 70% apparel and 30% footwear, subject to change
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to provide solutions to support business needs through creative problem solving and creative innovation
- Ability to work independently and perform a variety of tasks with different levels of complexity by developing effective plans and organizing work efficiently
- Attention to detail, ability to multitask and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines
- Strong quantitative, analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Operates with curiosity with an ability to manage ambiguity and push through business challenges with a focus on continuous development
- Working knowledge of the footwear product management process, retail environment and consumer buying habits
- Technical background, understands materials, fit, function, and end-user requirements
- Comprehensive understanding of product development, manufacturing, and retail buying process
- Schedule flexibility to manage regular evening calls with Asia.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally around 20% of the year (with minimum 2 trips/year to Japan).
- Customer Orientation
- Innovation & Creativity
- Collaboration & Mutual Respect
- Results Driven
- 3-5 years’ experience in Product management within sporting or athletic industry required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Retail Merchandising, or Product Development or equivalent work experience
- Apparel product management experience
- Athletic lifestyle industry experience
- Experience working with international cultures and in an international environment
- Report generating and analytical experience related to merchandising, financials and sales
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with Google Applications such as Gmail, Google Hangouts, etc. a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers.
- Manual dexterity required.
- Office work, some lifting, considerable walking.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
- The office is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated. Noise levels are considered low to moderate.
ASICS America Corporation reserves the right at any time, with or without notice, to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities within your general skill set or capabilities. ASICS America Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Stop at Never