Material Coordinator, Footwear (Contract)
About the Role
Are you ready to work in a hands on environment? Do you have a positive attitude and creative ideas? At Ariat, we’re seeking a Footwear Materials Library Coordinator to support the Product Creation Team. The Library Coordinator will report to Footwear Materials Manager and work closely with Materials, Development & Design Teams.
This individual will oversee the daily activities in the materials library, including but not limited to cataloging, filing, alphabetizing materials and componentry used in footwear manufacturing. The person in this role will support our team’s key performance initiatives and organizational objectives.
You’ll Make a Difference By
- Managing inventory of the library
- Organizing day to day activities in the library
- Filing seasonal, inline and production materials
- Facilitating shipments to regional offices
- Guiding teammates to specific materials quickly and efficiently
- Evaluating color developments
- Researching material trends
- Building seasonal material presentations
- Entry level position or 1-5 years of experience in design, development or materials
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in textile science, footwear design or related field
- Strong understanding of materials including fabric, leathers & trims
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in outlook, excel & PowerPoint
- PLM experience preferred
Ariat is an innovative, outdoor global brand with roots in equestrian performance. We develop high quality footwear and apparel for people who ride, work, and play outdoors, and care about performance, quality, comfort, and style.