Associate, Product Development - Footwear & Accessories
About rag & bone
From our origins in New York in 2002, rag & bone was founded on a belief of uncompromising ideals: a commitment to doing things the right way, not the easy way. To making things that are as original as they are timeless. To being true to ourselves, even when that truth sets us apart from the mainstream.
We still believe in the same principles we started with: the easy elegance of classic British tailoring, the authenticity of American workwear, and the originality of our home city, New York. As New Yorkers, community and authenticity have become synonymous with our brand. An inclusive environment at rag & bone upholds our original values by encouraging employee connection and empowering each individual to have a voice on policy, process, and collaboration for a more equitable future.
rag & bone is currently looking for a Product Development Assistant for Handbags and Accessories. This person will support all product and material sourcing functions from initial creation into PPS stage. This role will collaborate daily with Design, Merchandising and Production to ensure all product information, deadlines and quality standards are being met.
- Launch tech packs to factories with material direction, and confirm instructions are clear.
- Create and update Design color cards from SMS into Production, ensuring all information is accurate at all times.
- Provide factories with necessary raw material information to provide accurate costing and MOQ requirements.
- Manage style number creation and setting up all styles in Fashion Flow.
- Create new color names in MS D365.
- Monitor SKU counts by category and update weekly.
- Participate in Design handoff and correction reviews.
- Recap Merchandising and Production on any Design/construction changes from SMS into production.
- Attend cross functional meetings to ensure any changes to product are addressed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for sample tracking and communicating delivery status to cross functional teams.
- Manage WIP files daily for:
- a) Prototypes
- b) Material trials and approvals
- c) SMS
- d) Ad Samples
- Review samples and ensure they are made according to Spec, and note any discrepancies.
- Prepate updated design color cards for correction meetings.
- Ensure all samples and materials are organized daily.
- Work with local factories to modify SMS and Styling samples when needed.
- Assist with market/styling prep:
- a) Ensure samples are ready for line reviews and showroom set up.
- b) Coordinate SMS to be photographed for market.
- c) Organize SMS for International Sales team.
- d) Assist with gathering samples for styling shoots.
- Manage seasonal Product Knowledge for Sales and E-commerce.
- Communicate with suppliers for all material requests and coordinate to factories.
- Own organization of seasonal material books and ensuring references of all sample materials are received.
- Order seasonal pantones and create color standard sheets to suppliers.
- Develop trims as needed.
- Organize new materials in Material Library weekly.
- Assist with material liability projects.
- Coordinate local, domestic and international shipments daily.
- Unpack shipmnets daily and communicate to the team what has been received.
- Manage coding sample invoides to AP.
- 1-3 years experience with a strong interest in Product Development.
- Highly organized and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Able to effectively manage competing priorities with tight deadlines .
- Excellent communication and follow up skills.
- Driven and solution-oriented with new and challenging projects.
- Comfortable with MS Excel.
The estimated salary for the role is $65,000-$85,000 based on experience and qualifications.
Rules we live by | Rules you live by
- Be a Good Human - Be original, be authentic. Stand for diversity, equitability & inclusivity.
- Have No Fear - Innovate, solve problems
- Own Every Decision - Work together, get results
- Quality Matters – Not only with product but we see it in our people
- Make Shit Happen - Be disciplined, be competitive
- Paid Time Off
- Clothing Allowance
- Generous Employee Discount
- Paid Parental Leave
- Membership to Calm and access to other wellness benefits
- Medical, dental, vision and ancillary benefits
rag & bone is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. No employee or applicant is discriminated against because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.