HEYDUDE: Materials Developer
Here at HEYDUDE, we are a team of Go-To's who work together to embrace and embody our brand values in everything we do. We dare boldly, putting progress over perfection to bring our consumers and fans the most comfortable shoes on the planet. We aim to be steadfast and engage genuinely with our consumers and each other. We keep it simple, welcome all, and strive to have a “Hey Day!”
In February of 2022, Crocs, Inc. acquired HEYDUDE. This acquisition not only adds an outstanding brand to the Crocs portfolio, but provides a wealth of opportunities for teamwork, career growth, and best practice sharing across the two brands. We’ve experienced incredible growth in the past few years, and we need to build our teams with the most creative, passionate footwear enthusiasts in the world. That’s where you come in!
Interested in being our next Go-To? Check this out!
As Material Developer you will be a critical part of the Product Development Team, supporting the research and execution of materials in the overall process of product creation including concept, product design, prototype development, and testing phases. As a key member of the Materials team, you’ll investigate and handle developments for all products and material types, partnering with cross-functional and overseas teams.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop materials and handle material efforts from initial product conceptualization to Release to Manufacturing.
- Support the product development process to ensure key results are met and dates are achieved.
- Ensure materials support product margin targets and are realized to meet strategic goals.
- Validate that new materials meet design specifications and usage requirements.
- Handle the development and tracking of multiple material projects to prescribed timelines.
- Use project-tracking tools to ensure materials are developed to company standards.
- Report to senior management material development status.
- Maintain clear global communication on the status of developments. This includes written, verbal, and system driven communication.
- Partner with our international materials teams and suppliers for successful technical developments, calendar management and pivotal initiatives.
- Evolve and maintain organized digital and physical materials resources and library.
- Provide the latest information on material trends to cross-functional teams by gaining insights from fairs, supplier meetings and industry resources.
- Monitor project goals and results.
- Handle projects to ensure timely advancement.
- Build the collaborative team environment.
- Establish relationships and an environment that promotes special development collaboration.
- Use and analyze metrics with Senior leaders to development benchmarks.
- Monitor the costing during the material development process.
- Monitor quality during the material development process.
- Work with the team and vendors to instill a proactive, solution-based development organization.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Four-year college or university Degree in Textile Engineering, Industrial Design, Business or an equivalent of 4 years’ experience in design and/or development of consumer products, with minimum 2 years materials development or textile engineering experience
- Strategic Planning: Handles and coordinates short-term goals critical to business development. Uses internal and external partnerships that leverage resources and enhances business efficiency.
- People Management: Leads by example. Encourages the growth and development of their cross functional team. Conducts and organizes their cross functional team to create the best possible collaborative working environment.
- Project Management: Oversees Project Management and accuracy of the project development activity. Collaborates with global teams to make sure the material development projects and load is appropriate for global teams and factories.
- Shown project management and problem-solving experience
- Experience in working with international factories and working collaboratively with production/commercialization management
- Strong negotiating skills and sense of urgency
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity
- Some travel may be requested
- Environment is an open cubicle environment/noise level is moderate.
- Ability to sit for extensive periods of time but may also be required to stand, walk, kneel, or balance.
- Operate a computer for extensive periods at a time.
- Ability to carry/ lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift/carry up to 25 pounds.