TECHNICAL MANAGER - FW PROTOTYPE CREATION
Creating footwear prototypes from hand or computer generated patterns to fabricating and assembling materials and components using various types of machinery and hand tools; including machines form cutting, sanding, buffing, sewing, and lasting. Creates proper samples (prototypes) with attention to production feasibility and understands the entire product creation process and its systems. Act as lead maker on a portfolio of projects.
- Construct and assemble footwear samples and prototypes using various methods, processes, materials, and machinery
- Manage a portfolio of projects in all creation phases; from prototype pattern making, prototype construction and assembly, to model and mold making.
- Present prototype method of make ideation to wider team in digital presentation format.
- Use hands on making knowledge to providing material selection for prototypes.
- Archive all prototypes, making tools and materials.
- Maintain record of all materials used on projects.
- Operates the latest innovative equipment and machines to create innovative products
- Works with supervisor and business counterparts in evaluating new engineering technologies for their applicability and value to the business, i.e. workmanship workshops
- Maintain all chemical materials and supplies needed for creation of footwear samples
- Organize tool boxes, fill up and prepare material libraries and coordinate capacity/space management under the guidance of Senior Manager
- Hand pattern or digital pattern making.
- Perform minor maintenance and repair on shop machinery and equipment
- Drives creative workshops and leads basic trainings for the creation center teams and/or external partners.
- Establishes working relationships with internal and external interfaces to support an creative and innovative product creation process
- Mentors new hires in prototype creation
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of shoemaking process required.
- Hand pattern making or digital pattern making experience.
- Explore post prototype processes / prototype surface design.
- Ability to solve practical problems and manage a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work with solvents, chemicals, polyurethane, epoxy, and silicone
- Ability to identify design issues and offer solutions to improve functionality and manufacturability of product.
- Ability to work independently under a deadline on several projects simultaneously with minimal input.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot errors with mechanical equipment
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to work in a shop environment and be comfortable working with industrial machinery
- Ability to speak effectively and make presentations before small groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Microsoft Office skills
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Associates degree in related field and/or equivalent high school diploma
• 7+ years of experience in shoemaking or related field.
- Experience working in a shop environment using a variety of tools and machinery.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at adidas means championing individual uniqueness and cultivating a culture of belonging in which everyone can create at their best. We embrace diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives and seek to create a workforce that reflects our consumers and communities.
- adidas offers robust and progressive medical, including HSA (Health Savings Account) with employer funding or FSA (Flexible Spending Account) options, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, adoption, with surrogate and fertility support, short and long-term disability, and basic life and AD&D insurance, which can be supplemented with employee-paid coverage. Employees are able to enroll in adidas’ 401k plan and Stock Purchase Plan with employer match. Full-time employees are eligible for education assistance and generous Leave policies including 12 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Employees are eligible to earn an annual bonus based on both company and personal performance. Employees accrue prorated flexible time off in the amount .4388 hours per day that increases with years of service, eleven paid holidays throughout the calendar year and Service Time Off during milestone years.
- The anticipated low and high end of the base pay range for this position is $75,000-$110,000. Actual salary will be based on various factors, such as a candidate’s experience, qualifications, skills and competencies, proficiency for the role.
- We officially returned to office in a hybrid work environment, working 3 days in office and 2 days remote. The working location of this position is LA
- Though our teammates hail from all corners of the world, our working language is English.
Through sport, we have the power to change lives.