MANAGER DEVELOPMENT FW (1 YEAR TEMP)
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
Management of the footwear product development in support of the Business Unit(s). Provide effective transition of footwear designs from prototyping into production
- Communicates and coordinates all necessary information to Marketing, Design, Suppliers and LO/OC to ensure the effective and efficient creation of outstanding product
- Ensure that new projects are engineered to cost targets.
- Engineer workable prototypes which address desired function, cosmetics, market appeal and manufacturability and meet adidas quality standards.
- Prototyping and implementation of new & innovative footwear designs, components, processes, materials and concepts into a manufacturable and marketable finished product
- Ensure that all materials, processes and development samples are fully tested to ensure adherence to adidas’ quality standards
- Take ownership for the entire development process for assigned products, with an emphasis on quality product development and timely completion of all tasks in accordance with the applicable operating calendar.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with Business Units, Design, a.i.t., Materials Development and Supply, Quality, Costing, Product Creation Technology, Logistics and Sourcing Organization, managing designated projects to ensure an on time color way activation performance.
- Organizational tasks and communication responsibilities including Sample Request Form completion; use of the computerized Product Data Management System; Management of the Colorway Activation Sheet (CWA) Process; e-mail, phone & fax communication world-wide and all related organizational requirements
- Support and guide Developers in the team in all aspects of Development.
- Tier 1 supply partners
- Materials Development
- Product Creation Technology
- Quality Assurance
- Supply Chain management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Technical training in footwear engineering and product development; knowledge of sourcing
- Management skills preferred
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Presentation skills
- Fluent English;
- Exposure to the latest in materials, components, processes, and concepts
- Ability to understand 2D images in 3D
- Ability to frequently travel to production sources and the terrain of testing
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Under-graduate university degree preferred
- 3-5 years minimum related work experience in the athletic footwear industry, specializing in product development, design and / or marketing. Proven record of accomplishment in the field of footwear development.
Through sport, we have the power to change lives.