Sr. Director, Footwear Design
Reebok is a pioneer in the sporting goods industry with a rich and storied fitness heritage dating back to 1895. Reebok was founded on athletic footwear that changed the direction of sport. Since then, the art of outpacing expectation has brewed in the brand’s DNA. This is what fuels Reebok to break up boundaries and incite movement. And to make products that help others explore exactly what movement means to them. Reebok strives to deliver each and every athlete, from professionals to enthusiasts, with the opportunity, products and inspiration to reach their full potential. Reebok Classics leverage the brand’s fitness heritage and represent the roots of the brand in the sports lifestyle market. Reebok is an American-inspired global brand with headquarters in Boston, MA.
The Head of Footwear Design, owns footwear design strategy and implementation of design guidelines and standards across footwear. Partners with category leadership and design team to ensure footwear range is executed at premium level across all product categories, to ensure commercial success. A Creative Culture 'Creator', that drives recruitment, development, and retention of consumer centric organization of 'creatives'.
- Create, steer and drive the global design strategy for all Reebok footwear
- Promote Innovation and culture of creativity across Design and overall Product Creation organization
- Ensure commercial viability of concepts and products.
- Manage category head of designs to ensure a global design language and to balance resources globally.
- Influence seasonal color pallette in partnership with CD team, and oversite of color and material application across footwear range.
- Lead key Design milestone meetings and cadence.
- Overall responsibility for the development, approval and production of all creative work supporting the SBP while maintaining the overall global strategic direction.
- Partner with Head of Footwear Development, & Category leads to ensure that business needs are met through creative and achievable designs.
- Partner with Apparel Leadership to drive holistic brand aesthetic, merchandised product range, and seasonal color pallette across brand.
- Formulate new and innovative ways to take the global footwear business to the next stage of growth by understanding and defining the DNA of the brand, developing successful new products, building bench strength internally, staying on the pulse of consumer and competitors and collaborating and influencing global teams to achieve outstanding results.
- Analyze and identify future trends, competitor and consumer activity for mid to long term positioning.
- Evaluate and maximize team’s performance through performance review process and individual development, coaching, skill acquisition and general design performance.
- An executive presence with skills in persuasively presenting innovative points to convince audiences to adopt a different course of action or to take ownership of newly introduced initiatives.
- Outstanding teamwork and influential management skills with the ability to work with others at all levels within an organization.
- The ability to quickly adapt to, be accepted by and inter-relate with colleagues at all levels, particularly in a company with a very strong and rich corporate culture.
- An energetic and resourceful executive who operates effectively with minimum direction and who pursues his/her objectives relentlessly. Has a positive, upbeat attitude and is passionate about their business and organization.
- An honest and forthright individual who is upfront and direct with subordinates, peers and management executives to whom he/she reports.
- Steward of Brand Heritage and Authenticity.
- Bachelor’s degree in design required; advanced degree a plus.
- 15+ years of experience driving the product vision/creation, cross-functional execution and growth of a global footwear and/or apparel business.
- Ability to execute creative global direction throughout multiple product collections throughout a season.
- A well-rounded executive with strong product design and development, marketing/brand building, merchandising, planning, and sales credentials, as well as a solid understanding of sourcing, manufacturing and supply chain.
- Solid experience in attracting, hiring, developing and coaching a strong and talented staff. Has successfully built cohesive teams that have consistently stretched profit and business objectives. Builds productive, collaborative, cross-functional relationships across the organization.
- Fiscal planning and budget adherence.
Requirements & EEO Statement
SPARC Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”).