CMF Designer Performance Running (Footwear)
At a Glance:
This role will be rooted within our CMF design team, with a strong interdisciplinary collaboration with Design, Innovation, Materials and Product Management team. There you will be responsible for driving ON’s CMF projects from a creative and strategic perspective ensuring our Performance Running collection is getting developed according to our future business needs.
Your sharp eye for trends, cutting-edge technologies and design bring a unique and new perspective to the development of our collection. You bring an outstanding understanding of what needs and executions our athletes, running accounts and communities are looking for and you easily can transform these into your designs with right selected and curated material and color applications in order to drive highly performing products. You navigate with ease in the world of runners and the run community has no secrets for you. On top of that you are a strong technical team player that will evolve in a very fast moving environment.
Your will be working with ON’s highly creative CMF team, driven by innovation, performance and sustainability. You will be rooted in our design team which includes CMF, Footwear/Apparel/Accessories Designers who all closely collaborate with our Developers, Product Managers, Innovation and GTM teams.
You will highly contribute in shaping our future Performance Running collection with a highly functional, technical, sustainable and commercial focus.
- Focusing on our inline Performance Running collection, you easily collaborate with different teams and keep a great overview of the projects you are leading.
- Keeping an eye for the unusual, design, trends and new material technologies that will inspire your daily work that you are able to transcribe into great ideas. Pro-actively hunt trends in regards to latest print, material, finish and colouring technologies in the industry and always challenge our standards in this field.
- Collaborating very closely with the CMF team on defining signature executions that will bond our head-to-toe collection together and speak to our running community.
- Gather athlete insights from cross-functional team to support the implementation of right on spot selected materials
- Supporting on technical solutions within each product family by understanding the material DNA of each product and complex techniques of shoe making.
- In collaboration with our R&D material specialists making sure that only materials which both fulfil all functionality and sustainability criteria are selected for projects you lead.
- Owning projects from concepts through final delivery by collaborating very closely with our development team and our partners on creating and handing over clear CADs & briefs for production.
- Increase our industry knowledge by attending key retailer sell in meetings, trade shows, retails stores, market visits and partner with our internal teams on consumer insights.
- You have completed a Bachelor or Master degree in Textile Design, Industrial/Product Design, or any other related field.
- You bring 4+ years of working experience in the CMF segment within the apparel, accessories, or footwear segment.
- You bring a strong portfolio with proven experience working on engineered materials, trims, innovating dyeing techniques and prints applied to athletes and runners.
- You bring a great knowledge of key retailers within the running footwear landscape.
- You have strong organisational skills, ability to manage complex projects whilst sticking to critical timelines and deadlines - at the same time working on overlapping seasons and projects without loosing the overview.
- You have an entrepreneurial attitude, ambition and willingness to take on challenges.
- You are a strong communicator with proven experience presenting projects to a wider team of decision makers and adapting given the needs of different audiences.
- Excellent 2D software skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign. Experience in rendering programs are a plus. Fluent in English, written and spoken, any other language would be a plus.
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.