WE ARE A PRODUCT COMPANY.
WE ARE A PROCESS COMPANY.
ABOVE ALL, WE ARE A PEOPLE COMPANY.
The history of the Acushnet Company is tightly woven into the fabric of golf. From the start, we’ve been committed to enriching the experience of dedicated golfers through superior product performance, technological innovation, unmatched quality, and exceptional service. We are more than a collection of leading golf brands and products. We are a team united in our passion for the game. We are bridge builders who embrace our responsibility to leave our brands, businesses, communities, and the game of golf in a better position than when we started.
Together we live by the credo, “Autograph your work with excellence.” We earn our position as unrivaled leaders in every category in which we compete, striving for excellence in all that we do – from the performance and consistency of our products to our engagement with golfers and trade partners, to our commitment to creating a workplace built on diversity, inclusion, belonging and respect.
Summary: The Design Manager will help lead the worldwide design and development of golf specific apparel, outerwear & accessories for the FootJoy Brand. Working alongside the Principal Designer and Design Director will establish the seasonal design direction including colors, graphics, fabrics, and silhouettes.
- Design and develop innovative golf specific product designs for the FootJoy brand for two seasonal collections per year following a detailed timeline to ensure on time delivery or product. This includes design rendering and detailing from concept creation to initial proto samples through to commercialization.
- Market research to bring new trends in fashion, color, patterns, and constructions to the team. Constantly research and evaluate both inside and outside of golf the worldwide trends in styling, color, fabrications, innovative features, etc. Attend related trade shows and get constant sales feedback on market needs. Build mood boards and present seasonal concepts for review and discussion. Travel internationally to meet with our market leaders and get insight.
- Assist in line presentations at sales meetings and to key customers. Constantly seek out and listen to sales rep, sales directors and international country managers feedback for market trends. Maintain and update the apparel product development web based portal for the international markets.
- Work with our DTC Team, Sales Force and Green Grass Customers to create SMU Collections tailored to their needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Apparel Design or related field.
- 8-10 years’ experience in Apparel Design or related field.
- Thorough understanding of design research, concept, and creation Passion for product design and innovation.
- Knowledge of fabric construction and cut & sew techniques Experience using Adobe Illustrator required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a fast paced team atmosphere.
- A motivated self-starter who will bring new and innovative ideas to the team.
- Experience with Performance Apparel a plus.
- Experience working on a PLM system a plus.
ABOUT ACUSHNET COMPANY
Acushnet Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Acushnet Company offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package consisting of medical & dental; 401 savings plan; tuition assistance; life & disability insurance; vacations/holidays; on-site wellness facilities; and generous product discounts.
Acushnet Company respects the intellectual property and confidential information of third parties. Our policy is that no employee or applicant shall disclose confidential information of a third party to Acushnet Company. Accordingly, please do not include any confidential information of a current or previous employer on your resume or any other materials you provide to us.