Men's Footwear Designer
About the Role:
The TOMS Men's Footwear Designer will create modern, unique footwear styles and color ways that reflect the TOMS aesthetic while bringing innovation and moving the business forward in a trend-relevant manner. An understanding of the current and future TOMS Men's consumer is essential. Along with the Creative Director, the Men's Footwear Designer will partner with our other designers on seasonal trends, silhouettes, materializations, and color palettes and bring collaborative results with the Merchandisers and Product Developers in creating our footwear collections. Casual Lifestyle (including sneakers) experience is a plus.
What You'll Do:
- Creating concepts, sketches, and color CADs for the Men’s footwear collection. Design/Engineer products that remain true to TOMS’ brand identity. Innovate and design while keeping our target price point, margins, and consumer in mind.
- Creating Tech Packs – Create technical specifications for uppers, outsole and trims. Modify pullovers, outsoles, and trim through the development stage, in collaboration with Product Developers. Create sample requests for each milestone.
- Researching Trends – Maintain knowledge of global product design, fashion market trends, technology, and graphics - particularly in lifestyle markets and brands. Research trends in the marketplace globally and create trend boards in tandem with the entire Design team for the two selling seasons. Present trends with the Design team to the larger organization which includes but is not limited to the CEO, CMO, Merchandising, Product Development, Retail and Wholesale teams.
- Color and materials – contribute to materials and color selections for the season
- Presenting collections – Present designs from sketches to color cads, to pullovers to the Merchandise and Sales teams at key milestone meetings.
- Market Shop – Research market relevant brands at retail and Ecomm platforms and share insights with the Design and Merchandise team.
What You Bring:
- 3-5 years’ experience with Adobe suite: Illustrator, Photoshop
- 3-5 years’ experience hand sketching skills- footwear specific
- Commitment to making kindness in business a standard
- A portfolio of work samples along with your application
What We Give:
- $88,000 – 95,000 depending on experience, plus an annual bonus based on the company's performance
- Hybrid work environment - work from home most days and come into the office when you need to (you can bring your pup too!)
- A $600 stipend when you join to furnish your home office how you like, plus $100 annually to refresh your supplies and gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K with company matching
- A generous PTO policy + 12 paid annual holidays + one floating holiday
- Half-Size Fridays: enjoy weekends starting at noon each Friday
- 4 free pairs of shoes per year (yes, free!)
- Employee Discount on all of our products plus discounts on partnering businesses
- Wellness classes & resources (mental health, exercise, parenting, personal finance, nutrition, etc.)
- Anti-Racism educational opportunities, including company-wide days of learning
- Opportunities to volunteer with Impact Partners and Community Organizations
Don't meet every single requirement? We still encourage you to apply! Studies show that women, non-binary applicants, and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. However, at TOMS, our diverse backgrounds, perspectives, identities, and talents help us thrive.
TOMS is a proud B Corporation and a member of the Fair Labor Association. We're committed to transparent and equitable compensation, benefits, and opportunities.
EEO Statement: TOMS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to intentional anti-racism in all areas of our organization and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with the L.A. Fair Chance Initiative Ordinance.