Design market leading footwear as part of the Global Footwear Design Team, and specifically supporting the Global Brands Basketball Footwear team/department, working in cooperation with marketing, development, and athletes. Responsible for: 1) concept, design, and development of creative solutions to concepts within the category and present the designs in context to the category direction;
2) implement the creative vision in a product range;
3) self-manage own creative process and execute towards given design direction within the category;
4) execute design work according to the visual language of adidas as well as given corporate identity guidelines according to legal guidance;
5) verbally present product ideas and details with clarity;
6) ensure efficient process and communication flow between design, marketing and development (within cross-functional team) for all issues regarding the designed ranges and products;
7) ensure proper handover of tech packs into development, main duty is to submit all relevant information needed for the development process such as sketches, detail sketches, fabric and trim indication, artworks, etc.;
8) visualize ideas for products and ranges with high degree of expertise.
Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Design or a directly related field and three (3) years in a related position in the athletic footwear & apparel industry, with practical experience in design environment (Footwear/ Apparel/ Accessories - or industrial design, fashion design or similar design). Work experience must have included 3 years of experience with:
1) fashion design, industrial product, industrial design, athletes and problem solving within the sporting goods industry;
2) footwear, product development, material and trims for product ranges;
3) Mac computer design software/systems (Photoshop, Illustrator, 3D).
RATE OF PAY: $109,949- $123,200 per year
JOB SITE: 10 East 9th Street, Suite B1300 (Building B, Floor 14), Los Angeles CA 90079
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at adidas means championing individual uniqueness and cultivating a culture of belonging in which everyone can create at their best. We embrace diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives and seek to create a workforce that reflects our consumers and communities.
adidas offers robust and progressive medical, including HSA (Health Savings Account) with employer funding or FSA (Flexible Spending Account) options, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, adoption, with surrogate and fertility support, short and long-term disability, and basic life and AD&D insurance, which can be supplemented with employee-paid coverage. Employees are able to enroll in adidas’ 401k plan and Stock Purchase Plan with employer match. Full-time employees are eligible for education assistance and generous Leave policies including 12 weeks of paid parental leave.
Employees are eligible to earn an annual bonus based on both company and personal performance. Employees accrue prorated flexible time off in the amount .4388 hours per day that increases with years of service, eleven paid holidays throughout the calendar year and Service Time Off during milestone years.
The anticipated low and high end of the base pay range for this position is $109,949 - $123,200 /year. Actual salary will be based on various factors, such as a candidate’s experience, qualifications, skills and competencies, proficiency for the role.
Though our teammates hail from all corners of the world, our working language is English.
Through sport, we have the power to change lives.