TECHNICAL MANAGER FOOTWEAR FOR FOOTBALL (M/F/D)
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization
Manage essential technical information which is required for the footwear development process. Support an effective transition of footwear designs from prototyping into production by steering, monitoring and guiding the creation of technical information in collaboration with key relationships, key Tier 1 supply partners and when applicable Sourcing teams.
- Support the conversion of design information into a confirmed set of technical data required for the prototyping of uppers, technical components and bottom components.Do this by either organizing or supervising the creation of technical information in collaboration with Tier 1 resources and if applicable adidas employees at the operational centers.
- Act as a consultant to the cross functional Product Teams by analyzing designs for manufacturability, production efficiencies, potential functional or quality issues and costing issues and offer alternative, economic and efficient solutions.
- Conduct tear down meetings at all key development milestones (i.e. with Product testing, Project Managers) to ensure that each shoe is engineered and constructed to meet adidas quality standards, functional requirements and potential cost opportunities are identified.
- Help to mentor new employees in technical product development by teaching them about adidas specific technical standards, processes and systems related to the Tech Package creation.
- Offer technical solutions to the product team taking into consideration functional requirements of products, adidas quality standards, target costs and manufacturing constraints.
- Increase the speed and efficiency of processes by eliminating non value adding steps and try to execute “Right the First Time”.
- Document the lifecycle stages of CAD data for uppers and tooling’s throughout the development process.
- Support and guide Assistant Technical Managers in the team .
- Continuously increase your knowledge regarding latest technological trends in CAD systems and processes and Footwear manufacturing.
- Tier 1 supply partners
- Material Development
- Product Creation Technology
- Fit and Wear Test Department
- Quality Assurance
- Supply Chain Management
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge about mold making and shoe making process preferred
- MS Office skills.
- Fluent in English; German an advantage.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- Four year college or university degree or comparable education as a technical drafter, Mould Maker, Model Maker or Pattern Engineer.
- At least 3 years of work experience in the athletic footwear industry, specializing in product development, design and / or marketing.
- Progressive work experience in CAD. Rhino preferred, other 2D-3D CAD applications, Crispin for Pattern engineering.
Through sport, we have the power to change lives.