Technical Design Coordinator
Headquartered in Southern California, Skechers has spent 30 years helping men, women and kids everywhere look and feel good. Developing comfort technologies is at the foundation of all that we do—delivering stylish, innovative, and quality products at a reasonable price. From our diverse footwear offering to a growing range of apparel and accessories, Skechers is a complete lifestyle brand.
With international business representing over half of our total sales, we have product available in more than 180 countries and significant opportunities for continued expansion worldwide. We sell our collections direct to consumers through more than 4,450 Skechers stores around the globe and Skechers e-commerce sites, as well as through a network of third-party partners.
A MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR GLOBAL LEADER IN THE FOOTWEAR INDUSTRY.
The Technical Design coordinator main responsibility is to support tech team in its day-to-day operation. The ideal candidate will be led by TD/Sr.TD/TD Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
- The essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare samples for fitting by measuring and reviewing overall appearance, construction and updating PLM
- With direction from Sr. TD/TD Manager, you will learn to create tech packs in PLM that include initial spec and grading with direction on construction and pattern block to be used for each style
- Works closely with lead Sr. TD/TD Manager to understand priorities and responsibilities on day-to-day basis.
- Daily maintenance of tracking reports: through communication via email, updating fit samples that are shipped and received
- Master How to Measure and prepare fit samples for fit session, review with Sr. TD/TD Manager the issues seen on flat garment.
- Assist in live fit sessions with cross-functional team in attendance and taking clear notes
- Learn how to write comprehensive fit comments that are clear and precise. Work with Sr. TD/Technical Design Manager post fitting to ensure accurate pattern and fit corrections are translated correctly to overseas manufacturing locations. Must be able to illustrate corrections through digital photos and sketches.
- Maintaining organized department, block library and wear test database
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills: will communicate internally and externally
- Excellent Follow Through
- Team player: will work with cross-functional partner during fit sessions and weekly meetings
- Other duties as assigned.
- An individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily:
- Microsoft Office Word/Excel
- Illustrator/ Photoshop
- Flex PLM
- Knowledge of Patternmaking and garment construction
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Ability to multi-task, proactively trouble shoot, problem solve, and the ability to effectively influence
- Excellent Follow Through
- Collaborative Team player
- Attention to Detail
- Able to adapt to a fast pace ever changing environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- AA/BA in Apparel Manufacturing, Design, Patternmaking or equivalent from an accredited college or university
- Prior Internship in Fashion industry
- 6 months-3 years
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
The salary range for this position is $20 - $25/hour.