Senior Design Director - Footwear
Passion. Creativity. Integrity. Teamwork. Ambition. Innovation. These are the qualities that have made Wilson Sporting Goods Co. the number one sports equipment brand in the world. And these are the qualities that our global team embodies every day as we pursue one shared bold mission: to ignite the true potential in every athlete.
We know that great people are what makes our brand great. We know that teams who bring a variety of skill sets, experiences and perspectives to challenge the status quo and create game-changing product means we are doing right by the athletes and coaches we serve. And that’s why we work with each member of our team to help them dream, discover, grow and realize their own full potential.
Evolving the sports world and being the best partner for players is no small task. We are continually looking to add hard-working, ambitious, team-first individuals who desire to make a difference —and who love to help others win. Join us.
What You'll Do
The Senior Design Director- Footwear is at the heart of developing Wilson footwear as a leader of our footwear creative creation process. This role is accountable for the conception through the creation and execution of a profitable product assortment that inspires athletes and enthusiasts. This role will lead day to day range planning details with an innovation mindset, working directly with Innovation, Product, Sourcing, Consumer Marketing, Commercial Management, Sales and our key global markets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily:
- Define and communicate the long-term creative vision for footwear. This involves devising and executing design strategies that promote innovation and the development of cutting-edge performance footwear products, while also creating a broad line of footwear that is competitive at every level.
- Design footwear products from concept ideation to final execution, including sketching, creating technical drawings, and developing 3D prototypes, while ensuring that designs meet aesthetic, functional, and technical requirements.
- Act as an enterprise leader and influencer within the organization, driving innovation, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and providing strategic direction to the company's overall product and design strategy.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product management, engineering, and marketing, to ensure product design aligns with business goals.
- Create and maintain design guidelines, processes, and tools that support the design team's workflow and maximizes output.
What We're Looking For
This role requires a bachelor’s degree in industrial design or a related field with a focus on footwear design plus 15+ years of experience in footwear design with a proven track record of leading successful design teams or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Plus, the following skills
- Deep understanding of footwear design, development, and production processes, as well as a proven track record of leading successful design teams.
- Strong design and visual communication skills, with the ability to create compelling presentations and design proposals.
- Proficiency in design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and 3D modeling software.
- Strong understanding of materials, construction techniques, and manufacturing processes related to footwear design.
Wilson Sporting Goods Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.