C&M Footwear Developer
We love footwear and need more passionate and engaged members for our growing and to be frank-cool af team! This is a chance to join us at a time of growth for a hybrid role that really has impact as our new Colour & Materials Footwear Developer.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Our C&M Footwear Developer is responsible for the development and to maintain the material toolbox and library. Key focus areas are seasonal colour developments and approvals.
This role is unique as you will also be responsible for developing, tech-packing re-colours and new materials of existing styles and will therefore also manage a percentage of the SKUs within our range from range review through to confirmation. You will also:
• Provide key input from seasonal development research to support Design & Category to allow inclusion of innovation and differentiation into Seasonal Product Briefs, pointing out challenges and opportunities in the initial proto-tech pack phase
• Source and select suitable materials and trims to ensure all product meets Standards.
• Execute procedures to assure quality from the earliest stage of product development through to commercialisation.
• Manage pricing for the allocated range, with effective pre-costing using CBDs to ensure product achieves targets or better margins whilst maintaining Axel Arigato product values of luxury and quality
• Effectively manage correspondence between Vendors, Factories and the Design/Development teams in the UK, allowing common objectives to be efficiently met.
• Accountable for managing the development data on PLM/Onedrive in collaboration with Development from initial range planning stage through to final Line Approved.
• Owning and maintaining multi product Sample Request Forms and development critical paths, ensuring all product specifications are on the system and shared with all stakeholders.
• Develop and track material projects in collaboration with Development, Design and Sourcing & Production.
• Accountable for effective relationships with key material vendors.
• Oversee the management of Lab dip approval process.
• Own the materials toolbox process to ensure Design and Development work consistently across categories with approved vendors, achieving optimised delivery leadtimes and pricing.
• Investigate potential new materials and vendors, ensuring they meet CSR guidelines and supporting adherence to Restricted Substances processes
• Keep internal material library and trim organised and up to date
• Accountable for tracking and receiving of samples as per agreed critical path dates.
• Monitor samples against requests and take any corrective action required with manufacturing team, agents and factories
• Accountable for maintaining and updating product library of approved confirmation samples & archiving samples within agreed timeframes.
• Monitor seasonal business Calendar to ensure Development progresses to agreed Critical Paths and that all gates are met.
• Attend and participate in weekly cross functional catch-up meetings with Design, Development and Category.
• Build and maintain PLM components library
• Attend trade fairs
ARE YOU OUR NEW A-TEAMER?
We seek someone who is solution focused, always bringing options to table during design & development stage to ensure we have the material interests that meet testing requirements as well as correct colours developed each season in accordance to CP.
You have the ability to collaborate with design and development team to ensure we have the right range of materials to elevate the collection. Providing guidance from a technical perspective for where materials can & can’t be used will be a key part of the role whilst bringing ideas to improve our range and be truly part of taking our brand and range to the next level. You should also have most of the following:
- 3+ years of development experience (flexible)
- Available to travel
- Fully competent in the footwear product creation process in regards to costing, materials selection, fit & wear, quality, and finished goods testing.
- Passionate about materials, sustainability, luxury, quality and footwear
- Well organised and structured
- Self-motivated with ability to demonstrate strong initiative
- Able to manage and work to deadlines
- Team player
- Can do attitude, working through obstacles
- Personal stature that will inspire confidence through drive and enthusiasm
- Passionate about the brand
READY TO JOIN THE A-TEAM?
Thanks for reading this far-we appreciate it. If this ad sounds like you and you want to learn more and apply, please submit your CV in English before May 30.
We will contact qualified candidates within 3 weeks. All applicants will be updated within a month.
Location: Farringdon (London)
Contract type: Permanent
OUR VALUES : DROP
Diversity, Respect, Openness and Passion are our values that we live and breathe. They are the foundation for our current state and what we will always bring with us to the future.
Axel Arigato is an equal opportunity employer and we value a diverse workforce and diverse perspectives. We believe that our differences are a strength and that different life experiences and backgrounds are what makes magic happen. We aim for building a platform through the power of community, inclusivity and memorable experiences externally and internally.
Born in 2014 by Creative Director, Max Svärdh and CEO, Albin Johansson, Axel Arigato is a Sweden based contemporary brand that started from an Instagram page and an idea to break into the footwear market.
With deep roots in music, art, architecture and what is contemporary, Axel Arigato has defined itself by offering more than a product. It has been created to leave an experience at the front of mind, whether it’s via stores, online or through events.
Axel Arigato currently has 8 stores, including London, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Gothenburg, Munich & Paris with more pending. Expanding from 2 people to now hiring over 100 members of staff in 7 years, Axel Arigato also operates a subsidiary office in London.