SENIOR FOOTWEAR DESIGNER
Dr. Martens is a globally recognisable and culturally influential British brand, with over 60 years of rich heritage. As brand custodians, we are lucky to work for a dynamic, thriving, and ethical business, with people from diverse backgrounds, who bring their true selves to work, and where anyone can grow their career.
We are guided by three core values that are at the heart of everything we do: be yourself, act courageously, and show you care. They make us who we are and inspire us to push boundaries, embrace our individuality, and stand up for what's right.
SO, WHAT’S THE STORY?
Our Design team is growing and we’re looking for a Senior Footwear Designer to bring world class design skills to help shape the future of Dr. Martens. You’ll be collaborating with a team of passionate professionals, leading and inspiring the next generation of designers too.
As our Senior Footwear Designer you’ll be responsible for:
- Creating innovative designs across various Footwear lines.
- Inspiring and exciting with commercial concepts that align with Dr. Martens design principles.
- Working with the design team to produce the seasonal creative direction – bringing new trends and market insights that inform the design team output and give creative direction across the brand.
- Leading by example and coaching and mentoring more junior team members.
- Travel for market insights and inspiration and communicate these insights back to the brand.
- Work closely with the colour and material lead to create exciting, relevant and commercial colour and material stories.
- Work closely with the development team to create prototypes that meet with deadlines required on Design/Product calendar.
- Create product presentations from concept to final review.
- Work independently and ensure that all deadlines are met and key gates hit.
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
Put simply, for this role the key things we’re looking for are:
- Significant footwear design experience with a portfolio to demonstrate this
- Proven track record in product, colour and material design.
- Strong knowledge of international retail, consumer and product trends.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Hybrid working
- Welcome to the family free pair of Docs
- 65% off all Docs
- Award-winning ‘Buy As You Earn’ Dr. Martens share plan
- Private healthcare
- A dedicated culture team
- 2 paid volunteer days per year
- Amazing Camden based offices with roof terrace overlooking the canal
Are you ready to fill your boots? Apply now.
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment in which we can all be our best and bring our authentic selves to work. We encourage applications, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability. Diverse and inclusive teams have a positive impact on our brand; helping us to speak authentically to our consumers.
We strive to develop a business where our people can thrive and feel empowered to express themselves. Because we believe everyone should feel supported and included whatever their role in the Dr. Martens community.