3D Designer & 3D Modeler
Headquartered in Southern California, Skechers has spent 30 years helping men, women and kids everywhere look and feel good. Developing comfort technologies is at the foundation of all that we do—delivering stylish, innovative, and quality products at a reasonable price. From our diverse footwear offering to a growing range of apparel and accessories, Skechers is a complete lifestyle brand.
With international business representing over half of our total sales, we have product available in more than 180 countries and significant opportunities for continued expansion worldwide. We sell our collections direct to consumers through more than 4,450 Skechers stores around the globe and Skechers e-commerce sites, as well as through a network of third-party partners.
A MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR GLOBAL LEADER IN THE FOOTWEAR INDUSTRY.
The 3D Designer & 3D Modeler will integrate their thorough understanding of Fashion Trends, Market Conditions, Consumer Expectations, Technologies, and the Manufacturing process to develop the next generation of SKECHERS USA footwear products under the direction and leadership of the Director of Special Projects. The ideal candidate needs to be a highly organized, creative problem solver, who is comfortable working in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment. Their primary role will be to envision, create, and develop brand relevant products at the intersection of comfort, style and innovation. They will influence the respective footwear categories using cultural events knowledge and experience relating to how the current and upcoming Fashion Trends might impact the consumers’ buying decisions, covering a vast demographic and multi-cultural area. In addition, they'll use their knowledge in respect to Design, Development and Market Relevance to collaborate with Marketing and Sales personnel on projects to maximize effectiveness and sale-ability. The 3D Designer & 3D Modeler’s ability to research and understand evolving style and 3D trends to create unique product, while striving to increase learning and deliver positive results will be key for success.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS-
- Under the direction of the Director of Special projects, design and develop innovative and cost-efficient brand and market relevant footwear which includes concepting, story-telling, and technical development.
- Work with Design Management, Development and Marketing personnel to collaborate on Design projects to maximize effectiveness and build product to target cost.
- Create accurate, detailed, high-quality renderings and CADS quickly and efficiently.
- Build and present seasonal product strategies and trend boards.
- Understanding of how to create accurate tech packs for outsole and upper designs.
- Understands how to draw cross sections and read blueprints accurately.
- Deliver on-time product solutions in conjunction with the product calendar and business needs, ensuring that all deadlines, line plans, and deliverables are met.
- Study and research current and future market and 3D trends, maintaining expert knowledge in global design trends, market competition, and retail landscape.
- Understanding of fashion trends and directions by continuously conducting market research to gain insights into our consumers, competitors, cultures, and markets through international and domestic travel, shopping the markets, Tradeshows and researching the competition.
- Constant interaction with Merchandisers on all aspects of product line plans, briefs, color palette, pricing, themes, graphics, and strategies.
- Work with developers in US and Asia on line schedules, adhere to the product calendar, ensuring development projects are on track.
- Working with developers / materials team to coordinate and develop new materials, constructions, processes and procedures.
- Responsible for getting 3D prototypes and samples executed to reflect the concept and design you created.
- Knowledge and understanding of competitors top sellers, technologies, styling, colors, strategiesand pricing.
- Protect and enhance SKECHERS “DNA”.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other Designers, Colorists, Technicians, and Merchandisers.
- Ability to sketch shoes accurately and proportionately & provide detailed specifications.
- Must understand the footwear production process at the factory level.
- High level of creativity with proven experience of innovative thinking through the design and 3D process, and/or product development.
- Must have expert skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Must have great communication/presentation skills and work well with others.
- Must have a passion for Performance and lifestyle footwear design.
- Knowledge of shoe construction and materials.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to develop solutions to complex design problem.
- Must have a passion for computational design thinking.
- Must be proficient in 3D design and 3D modeling.
- Expert skills in Rhino and Grasshopper.
- Experience in Python or similar platforms.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE-
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following: Industrial Design, Footwear Design, Fashion Design or Graphic Design.
- At least 3 years of experience using industry standard 2D and 3D design software.
- At least 2 years of experience in footwear 3D design and 3D modeling.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pay range for this position is $150k - $180k / year.