Footwear Designer Performance Running
We are excited to offer the position of Performance Footwear Designer within our Design team. You will work in a very fast-moving environment where you will be involved in the full design process of footwear creation starting from concept research to product briefings for production.
- You will be an integral part of the Performance Footwear team.
- You will own your projects from initial ideation, to design concepts, up to final delivery for commercialization.
- You will build the foundation of your project through thorough research and challenge the status quo of the industry with meaningful disruption.
- You will work on developing concepts, mock-ups, visuals, 2D and 3D files for new projects
- You will collaborate with our Zurich and Vietnam based development team on creating highly functional and performance-driven products.
- You will be travelling to Vietnam two to four times a year to finalise your prototypes on location with our factory partners and Vietnam development centers.
- You will contribute to co-create and sharpen On’s design vision.
- You hold a bachelor or master’s degree in product/industrial design
- You have +3 years of experience in performance footwear design or footwear design engineering with a major footwear brand
- You have a strong interest and first experience with performance footwear, consumer data as well as a connection to sports which will help you to create new products
- You have a basic knowledge of innovative footwear materials and manufacturing processes
- 2D software skills (Adobe CS) are a must and 3D software skills (Rhino, Modo, Cinema 4D) are a plus
- You have good sketching and mock-up skills
- You have an innovative mind with a strong drive to push the boundaries of footwear design
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills
- You are able to work in a fast-moving environment and handling several projects and seasons at the same time
- You have a strong interest in working with cross-functional teams – product development, materials, product managers, designers
- You are confident to co-lead your project team along the other functions
- You are fluent in English both written and spoken