Color Designer II - HOKA
The Color Designer II at HOKA is an independent and motivated creative with a keen eye for detail and an enthusiasm for problem solving. They display a strong understanding of color theory and how that translates through the lens of footwear design. This designer can carry a complex and varied workload across multiple categories and deliver thoughtful and innovative color solutions that evolve the HOKA DNA while supporting business needs.
We celebrate diversity--of your background, your experiences and your unique identity. We are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace where all of our employees can Come as They Are. We believe that when we bring our different perspectives to work, we are truly Better Together.
The primary functions of this role, include but are not limited to:
- 1. Coloring footwear across multiple categories on a seasonal and SMU basis. Creating and maintaining color CADs, mood boards and merch grids for these projects that provide a high level of accuracy at each round of the product creation cycle.
- 2. Creating color stories that meet category needs and uphold the brand creative direction by identifying relevant trends in color, materials, and finish on a seasonal basis.
- 3. Working closely with footwear design and product development to understand material choices, design limitations and pricing goals to ensure accurate color application and execution on product.
- 4. Working closely with our PLM team to ensure the creation of a cohesive range of product that meets commercial needs while bringing a fresh perspective to the brand. Create and maintain a visual line plane to insure colors merchandise across all product lines.
Who You Are
- Flexible and open minded - willing to thoughtfully incorporate feedback through their creative lens.
- Effective communicator - able to effectively work within a complex global organization, communicating their needs, concerns and asks in a timely and organized manor.
- Detail oriented - takes pride in completing their work with an eye for detail and high level of accuracy.
We’d love to hear from people with
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Footwear Design, Fashion or Graphic Design, Fine Arts or equivalent combination of experience
- 4+ years of experience in color design or related field
- Experience in performance and/or lifestyle footwear
- A familiarity with footwear materials, finishing processes and the limitations they present when coloring a shoe
What We'll Give You
- Competitive Pay and Bonuses - We’ve created a variety of competitive compensation programs to foster career development, reward success and to show our employees just how much they’re valued.
- Financial Planning and wellbeing - No matter what financial goals our employees have set, we want to help them get there. Our plans provide powerful ways to protect income, pay for expenses and invest in the future.
- Time away from work - Sometimes we need time away to be with family, focus on our health or just simply recharge. Our plans support our employees’ needs to get out, get healthy and come back stronger than ever.
- Extras, discounts and perks - Being a valued member of the Deckers Brands team means more than just a paycheck. From generous discounts to community-based programs, we offer a variety of cool extras
- Growth and Development - Deckers Brands was built on the idea of pursuing passion. That’s why we offer extensive opportunities and support for personal and professional development.
- Health and Wellness - There’s nothing basic about our comprehensive health and wellness programs and offerings. While at work and at play, we aim to support a healthy lifestyle.
$100,000 - 105,000
The salary range posted reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this role in our Goleta, CA location. Individual pay will be determined by location and additional factors, including job related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Diversity and inclusion are key to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds who share a passion for our brands. We welcome qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition and all of the other beautiful parts of your identity.
MOTIVATED BY THE PURSUIT